The EACP aims at initiating an active exchange of information and knowledge between all partners and at developing and realizing concrete steps for long-term trans-national cooperation between clusters and companies for a stronger and more competitive European position in the world aerospace markets.
The EACP is organized as a partnership based on Letters of Intent. It provides the opportunity for each member to participate in one or several working groups that aim at solving common challenges and contribute to the development of each member cluster to achieve high-level performance by developing and realizing various joint projects.
Currently the EACP has 40 members of 15 countries and receives continuously new applications.
EACP intends to install a knowledge platform with a long term vision for future exchange. The knowledge platform will make use of existing tools made available by cross-sectoral cluster collaborative relations previously established (e.g. to the German leading edge cluster MAI Carbon) and that are already well-proven and allow intuitive (self-explanatory) and self-determined usage. In addition, the tool will allow to integrate local/regional players and carry the potential to connect to other industries, laying, therefore, the groundwork for future collaboration projects beyond the partnership. The platform should support the aim of clusters to offer best valuable services to their (SME)-members as well. Therefore it can be used to conduct and develop collaborations including the cluster-members as well.
This Invitation to Tender (“ITT”) has been prepared by the EACP for the purpose of inviting proposals from your organization and others for the provision of a knowledge platform described under ‘Specification of requirements’ in the following section:
II. SPECIFICATION OF REQUIREMENTS
The knowledge platform aims to provide the active exchange on international aviation and knowledge sharing of cluster managers of the member networks of the EACP. It should support our daily work:
- coordinating of appointments
- preparation of joint project proposals (joint work on documents)
- roadmap of running projects
- wiki for documents and knowledge
The knowledge platform shall include the following points:
English. The EACP being an international network needs a collaborative platform with the working language of the network.
The high performance of the platform shall be ensured. Uploading of several documents at the same time shall be possible as well as the possibility to send documents to a large amount of recipients. It is important that the performance is quick and self-explaining.
Correspondence between the cluster managers shall be saved the in-box to make possible a later review.
The members of the platform shall be able to create specific groups where everyone can share information related to specific subjects. I must be possible to give individual rights to access so that some members can only read, some can also write and some can even change
After a new post or other activities in one of the groups, the members shall be informed about it immediately.
If someone is making changes on a document it should be locked and not available for the other members to avoid that people work parallel on the same document.
log-in via EACP either via the EACP-Website (access integrated into the new website) or EACP specific Log-In Website
Tool to identify appointments, etc.
Link to local network: Link documents on platform to local disc; in case of an update an automatic update of linked documents
Output and timing
The established knowledge platform shall be described in a power point presentation.
The structure of the presentation of results (power point presentations) has to be discussed with the EACP no later than 15th November 2017. The first draft version has to be presented no later than 27th November 2017.
III. INSTRUCTIONS TO TENDERES
Form of tenders
Tenderers should present their proposals in the following format:
Section 1 Table of contents
Section 2 Management summary
Section 3 Meeting the specification
Section 4 Answers to the questions for bidders
Section 5 Cost and charging arrangements
Section 6 Contact details
Please respond in full to each of the questions for bidders set out below to allow the EACP to make an informed selection of the most appropriate solution. You should repeat the question in your proposal and then include your answer.
Please reply to all the questions even if you have previously provided this information. This is to ensure that the EACP can compare each of the options and the suppliers one-to-one in a fair and reasonable manner.
Please submit your proposal written in English.
Questions for bidders:
1. Objectives and Approach: How will you meet the objectives of the project specification?
2. Methodology: What is your proposed methodology?
3. Experience / Expertise: What relevant experience/technical expertise do you have in the establishment of a collaborative platform of this nature and/or relating to this subject?
4. Stakeholder Engagement: How will you engage with relevant stakeholders in order to construct a robust evidence base? What assurance can you give that you will be able to obtain information of sufficient quality given the commercial sensitivities which exist in this area?
5. Survey work: If you intend to conduct surveys or focus groups, what would be the scale and who would the likely interviewees/attendees be?
6. Staffing: Who will be in charge of the set-up of the knowledge platform? Please include details of all personnel who would be working on the project, details of relevant work experience, and the specific roles and share of the work that will be assigned to each of them.
7. Timeline: Please confirm that you will be able to produce a draft final report by mid-October and an agreed final report by the end of 2016.
Please submit your signed tender via email in pdf format, no later than 2nd November 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EACP expects to be able to select and notify successful and unsuccessful tenderers by 3rd November 2017.
Please provide a summary of costs for each part of the knowledge platform (specification above) in the following format:
Different groups €
Costs should be quoted exclusive of VAT.
Proposals will be evaluated by the quality of the proposal overall against the following criteria:
- overall understanding of the work required
- responses to the questions for bidders listed above
- cost; and
- value for money
One invoice shall be prepared by the successful candidate on completion of the service.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions.
With kind regards,
Manager International Affairs