The Associazione Arma Aeronautica* (Italian Air Force Association), Section Roma Due “Luigi Broglio”, in cooperation with the Center for Military Studies on Aerospace (CESMA) and the support of Distretto Aerospaziale della Campania (DAC, Aerospace District of Campania region), organizes the 3rd International Symposium on Hypersonic Flight. Please see the attached Call For Papers as well as information written by the organisers regarding the event below:
R&D of adequate technologies allowing high speed atmospheric flight (Mach 5 and above) is progressing, although at a lower pace if compared to the more pronounced liveliness in space flight, which still remains conditioned by progress of the former for the delicate re-entry phase in the earth atmosphere.
The advancement in the maturity level of enabling technologies for fielding iper-velocity future transport systems is accompanied by an increase in the level of attention and consideration for whatever impact a radical transformation in distance and time concept may have in different but concurring contexts such as flight safety, environment, medicine, air traffic management, etc.
In addition, a new dimension associated with the development of hypersonic flight is strongly emerging from the specialist circles: international security and defense.
The 3rd Symposium aims at developing a dialogue and comparison, starting from the previous editions in 2014 e 2016, as well as a stock-taking of the latest advancements in the area of hypersonic flight among all stakeholders; an open dialogue towards the achievement of possible synergies and innovative modalities fostering cooperation at the national, European and international level.
Program outline and Topics:
- Vehicle guidance and control technologies
- Aerodynamics and aerothermodynamics
- Magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) and plasma aerodynamic flow control techniques
- Advanced propulsion systems, including component technologies
- High-temperature materials, thermal protection systems and hot structures
- Health monitoring and management technologies
- Multi Disciplinary Optimization (MDO)
- Overview on national, European and international programs on hypersonic flight
- Applicable airspace control and management including ground facilities and test techniques
- National and international norms and regulations including environment protection
- Promoting synergies and cooperation, at national, European and international level (round table)
- Potential impact of the development of hypersonic vehicles and weapons on international security at the global as well as regional level (round table).
For more information, please see the website.